Saturday, April 7, 2018

The Mystical Positivist - Radio Show #288 - 07APR18

The Mystical Positivist is now a weekly radio show on KOWS-LP 107.3 FM, Occidental, CA. Listen live on Saturday evenings from 4:00 - 6:00pm, PST, via the web at KOWS Live Stream.
This week's podcast features:
  • This week’s show features a conversation in the studio with Douglass Truth, artist, writer, performer, and more. Douglass writes:

    I was born a long time ago in Indiana. I never knew I had any aptitude as a painter until I was in my early 40s, when I started painting pretty much by accident. As far as writing, even in junior high school I started to see myself as a writer. Decades of adventures, crap jobs, amazing jobs, and much wandering led to no marketable product, or even readable material as far as most people were concerned. I told myself I was a slow learner, a late-bloomer, and so on, and I guess I was right.

    I come from a family of professionals. I was the youngest, and maybe that gave me license to do whatever I wanted, which was not always an obvious bit of data. So, a lot of wandering and washing dishes and slinging hash and pouring coffee. I did work in Alaska as a surveyor and designer for most of the 70s, but after that I couldn't fake it anymore and I ended up tearing down old buildings around Anchorage with a Jehovah’s Witness named Dwayne. We had a lot of fun, hopped freight trains together but then we started arguing about drugs and such and our relationship soured, and it certainly wasn't one you wanted to engage when around dangerous tools.


    Douglass Truth is the creator and performer of the one-person show, An Intimate Evening with Death, Herself, next showing on April 19th at The Marsh (1062 Valencia Street, San Francisco). Tickets are $15.
More information about Douglass Truth's work can be found at:

No comments:

Post a Comment