Saturday, January 23, 2016

The Mystical Positivist - Radio Show #211 - 23JAN16

The Mystical Positivist is now a weekly radio show on KOWS-LP 107.3 FM, Occidental, CA. Listen live on Saturday evenings from 4:00 - 6:00pm, PST, via the web at KOWS Live Stream.
This week's podcast features:
  • A conversation in the studio with spiritual teacher Kenny Johnson, author of the autobiographical book The Last Hustle, wherein Johnson recounts his early and middle life, during which period Kenny was arrested thirty-seven times and spent much of his life in prison, or on the run. Each time behind bars sent him into a deep and profound despair. Eventually his desire for lasting freedom would drive him to find a power that could not only get him through his final sentence, but free him from prison forever. That new direction opened when he met spiritual teacher Gangaji in prison.

    About that spiritual awakening, Kenny has written:

    “I had to find a power that would not only get me through my current sentence, but would free me from prison forever.

    "During my early years in prison, I spent most of my time participating in religious and substance abuse groups. It was my inner desire for freedom that led me and a band of truth-seekers to a meeting in the prison chapel.

    "There, Gangaji, a spiritual teacher, answered my most pressing question:

    “It is my understanding that we have to wait until we die before we can receive God’s Grace. Is that so?” Gangaji replied, “Kenny, God’s Grace is here now! Kenny you think you are a convict, you think you are your name, you think you are a black man. Kenny you are none of these things.

    "Instantly I knew I would never be a thief again. But how do you re-enter the world outside without resorting to old weaknesses? How would I survive and how would it be possible to maintain this newly found experience of grace?

    “This ever present Grace supports me in each moment now.”


    After his release, Kenny set up a foundation called This Sacred Space to bring the message of spiritual clarity and freedom to those still incarcerated. Today he offers satsang to everyone struggling to escape the prisons of their hearts and minds.
More information about Kenny Johnson's work can be found at:

No comments:

Post a Comment