The Mystical Positivist is now a weekly radio show on KOWS-LP 107.3 FM, Occidental, CA. Listen live on Saturday evenings from 4:00 - 6:00pm, PST, via the web at KOWS Live Stream.
This week's podcast features:
- The illusion of self; Buddhism and the Brain; Divided Minds, Specious Souls; and Being No One.
- Work of the Week: The Doctrine of Multiple 'I's
- A discussion with Dean Radin. Dean Radin, PhD, is Senior Scientist at the Institute of Noetic Sciences (IONS) and Adjunct Faculty in the Department of Psychology at Sonoma State University. For over two decades he has been engaged in consciousness research. Before joining the research staff at IONS in 2001, he held appointments at Princeton University, University of Edinburgh, University of Nevada, and several Silicon Valley think-tanks, including Interval Research Corporation and SRI International, where he worked on a classified program investigating psychic phenomena for the US government.
He is author or coauthor of over 200 technical and popular articles, a dozen book chapters, and several books including the bestselling The Conscious Universe (HarperOne, 1997) and Entangled Minds (Simon & Schuster, 2006). His technical articles have appeared in journals ranging from Foundations of Physics to Psychological Bulletin, he was featured in a New York Times Magazine article, and he has appeared on television shows ranging from the BBC’s Horizon and PBS's Closer to Truth to Oprah and Larry King Live. He has presented over a hundred invited lectures at universities including Cambridge, Harvard, Stanford, Princeton, Virginia Tech, and University of California at Davis, at industrial facilities including Google headquarters, and for US government organizations including DARPA and the US Navy. In 2010, he spent a month lecturing in India as the National Visiting Professor of the Indian Council of Philosophical Research, a program in the Indian government's Ministry of Human Resource Development.
More information about Dean Radin's work and interests can be found at:
More information on the articles and books discussed in the Illusion of Self segment can be found at:
- Dean Radin's website: http://www.deanradin.com/
- Dean Radin's Blog: http://deanradin.blogspot.com/
- Dean Radin in Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dean_Radin
- Institute of Noetic Sciences: http://www.noetic.org/
- Buddhism and the Brain: http://seedmagazine.com/content/article/buddhism_and_the_brain/
- From Divided Minds a Specious Soul: http://seedmagazine.com/content/article/from_divided_minds_a_specious_soul/
- Being No One: http://www.amazon.com/Being-No-One-Self-Model-Subjectivity/dp/0262134179
Post a Comment