- A conversation with Russell Schreiber, Ph.D. Russell Schreiber has worked with the Gurdjieff system of inner development for over forty years. In his new book, Gurdjieff's Transformational Psychology - The Art of Compassionate Self-Study, he explains, in depth, how modern psychology and Gurdjieff's Work enrich each other. The book explores Gurdjieff's methods within a psychological framework useful for beginner and advanced student. The book advocates for the gradual development of self-compassion, as the foundation of self-study and inner evolution. Practical exercises are given to facilitate the ability to experientially apply self-study in an objective and compassionate manner. Some areas covered in the book include:
- Development of Inner Life
- Specific psychological traits as focus for self-study
- Transformation of Negative Emotions
- Advanced method of Participation
- Compassion & Self-Compassion
Russell Schreiber is a practicing clinical psychologist in a community-based psychotherapy clinic in Northern California. As a staff psychologist, he supervises and trains psychologists and psychotherapists. He specializes in depth psychology and somatic psychotherapy. His recognition of the need for the development of self-compassion in his clients is emphasized in his clinical practice.
Saturday, February 8, 2014
The Mystical Positivist - Radio Show #144 - 08FEB14
The Mystical Positivist is now a weekly radio show on KOWS-LP 107.3 FM, Occidental, CA. Listen live on Saturday evenings from 4:00 - 6:00pm, PST, via the web at KOWS Live Stream.
This week's podcast features:
More information about Russell Schreiber's work and interests can be found at: